Monday, July 13, 2009

still kickin

Just a brief update for everyone. I know it's been awhile since the last one. Things are going very well here. It seems as though we've moved on from our month of sunshine and now we're welcoming a month of rain. It's been cold and wet for the past two weeks and I'm positive that this will be a continued trend for the rest of our time here. I'm not complaining though. I'm going to enjoy the cold while I have it because home will be HOT. 

This past week we had our Holiday Bible Club (vbs as we know it). It was so much fun. We had a different pace for that week then we normally do so the slow down was nice. Heather and I led worship. There is really something beautiful about the way children worship. They don't care who's watching, or how good the music is, or what they look like singing. They just enjoy themselves and belt out the words and jump and dance. It's really very humbling to think about how paranoid we are in worship as adults, so concentrated on ourselves that we can't focus on God. Children have no inhibitions. The children seemed to really enjoy it, and I did as well. It's refreshing to be able to just preach the gospel, to teach Jesus simply and straightforward.

This week it's back to the old schedule, and then next week we have soccer camp. Only 2 weeks until I'm home. It's pretty unreal, and I'm very excited to see my family and friends again. At the same time it's hard to think that my time here is almost over. My biggest fear is to focus my eyes on home too soon. I'm still here, and God's still working. He is always working. Please be praying for me to focus on the work that God has for me here, and for me to fix my eyes upon Jesus. If nothing else, just fix my eyes on him and the rest will follow. 

1 comment:

Brandon and Kelly said...

Hi Bri!! I love you and I miss you! I'm so proud of you for all the work you're doing! I'll be praying for you!

My dad needs your prayers too! He just found out that he has male breast cancer.. it was a shock to all of us and he has a long road ahead, but he's where he needs to be (MD Anderson) and he's very positive about it. Right now things are a little unknown because he just found out last week, but you can keep up with all the info about it here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/rtk

I love you!