Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Sunday!

Good Morning! It's beautiful today...well actually it's cloudy but any day it doesn't rain is a beautiful one here in Ireland. I'm enjoying one of my favorites parts of this culture, tea! I don't think I've ever drank so much tea in my life but they've got something right with this tea culture so I'm thinking I'll carry it on back in the states, although I have no idea where I'm going to get biscuits for it (cookies, particular called Digestives although the name doesn't do them justice). 

Anyway, we got back from Duncannon yesterday. Last weekend we were in Tramore for a couple days of camping with the students. It was such a fun trip! I wish I would have gotten pictures from during the day, but we were in the water so I couldn't bring my camera. We signed up with this outdoor adventure place, and they took us coast steering...I think that's what he called it. We got suited up in wetsuits and pfd's and helmets, and then we went through a series of cliff jumps along the rocky coast. It was the most amazing water. Aside from the biting cold (we could see our breath as soon as we got into the water) it was quite beautiful. The water is crystal clear, and the guide was so surprised how smooth the water was that day. He told us we were so lucky because the water never looked that good. Our highest jump was a 25 ft cliff. Most of the students had never done anything like that before...the screams were priceless. Everyone had so much fun and it was a great way to get to talk and hang out with the students. We also repelled off Duncannon Fort in the afternoon. Also fun (I got to be the example and go first) but the best part was the cliff jumping for sure. 

Some of us led devotionals in the morning and evening, and we had some great worship time and late into the night some great conversations with some of the students. I realized just how perfectly designed by God this trip was. The group dynamic couldn't have been better. No one had their best friend there to cling to, and they were freed up to focus on God and just maybe...cling to Him. 

The students drove back to Kilkenny on Tuesday, but we drove out to Duncannon for the remainder of the week. Ande took us out to some sweet spots over looking the beach and did some prayer exercises with us, and we got some time to get alone with God and really seek him. I needed that more than anything. My favorite part was being able to enjoy the work of God's hands. I can't imagine a more beautiful picture than some of the places we've seen here. I felt inadequate in my ability to fully appreciate creation. It was as if my eyes couldn't take in enough, and my senses strained as they were, couldn't fully absorb all that surrounded me. It made me sad to know that I'm not just limited in strength, faith, mind, and any number of other things, but even in my ability to simply enjoy. What's even crazier is that this is what fallen creation looks like. I can't imagine how beautiful it will be when it is restored. 

Anyway, it was a great week, but I'm glad to be back and to get started on more work. I will post some pictures from the trip later.

God Bless!

No comments: