Friday, June 19, 2009

holiday's a comin'!

So I thought I'd change it up a little and stray from the day by day update. We did the usual this week. Keep Kilkenny Beautiful (litter picking), Bible Studies, but no door to door since Tom went on holiday. Caleb and I got to go to a sports day at the primary school this week instead of toddler group. It was a lot of fun, basically the same thing as field day for us. 

The Rock Bible study went well this week. I did the lesson on Mark 5, Jesus heals the demon-possessed man. We're continuing on with the shocking stories of Jesus series and it seems to be going well. I think the biggest struggle is showing them Jesus' character, and giving them a true picture of who he is. I keep praying that God uses us this summer with these kids. That we would be an encouragement to those who believe and are few, and that we would be a light to those who don't believe, and those who are seeking. It is freeing to know that it is in God's control though, that we play a small role in the bigger picture of all this. 

I won't say that it's easy being here. In all fairness, we were warned at prefield training that this summer would suck. Ha well I can certainly say that this summer doesn't suck but it's been difficult adjusting. With all that we have going on I'm finding myself more spread thin than ever. It's as if we come to these things with this idea that we have everything under control and well handled; for some reason we convince ourselves that we've got it, whatever that "it" may be. But the more tired I get the more I realize just how much I have to rely on the Lord for strength. It's also hard to find time to get alone with God. The Bible studies are great, but I realize just how important it is to have that time to myself with the Lord, and there isn't much time for that. I'm having to learn to be content despite the circumstances. I'm reminding myself that I'm here for these people, that ultimately it's not about me. If I can just keep my eyes fixed on God, I think I'll be in a good place. Thank God that I'm not in control and that He has it all figured out!

Thankfully, the end of this week we will be accompanying the youth on their retreat, and afterward we will go on our holiday! WOOT! It will be a chance for some much needed rest. 

1 comment:

Dave II said...

It's good to hear that God is giving you the strength you need, even as he's demanding more and more from you. Keep up the good work Bri. Miss you at home.