Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm Getting Married!

So Spring Break was eventful...I'm engaged! Some of my closest girl friends and I took a trip to Big Bend Ranch State Park for a long weekend. Monday morning, the day we were going to drive home, I awoke to someone playing Dane and my favorite song on the guitar. I crawled out of my tent, as the sun was coming up, and my friend Daniel was playing and singing, and Dane's roommate Sean, along with Kelli, Heather, and Kristen were all taking pictures. And there was Dane, standing a few feet away with a blanket to wrap around me since it was so cold. So, in the middle of the desert, just as the sun came up, he dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him. I love this man!

As far as planning goes, thanks to mom, we accomplished a lot of major steps toward the wedding within our first week of engagement. We set our date for January 8, 2011. From there, we booked a reception site, a ceremony site, bought my wedding dress, picked out the bridesmaid dress and groomsmen attire, and decided on my wedding colors. Now we can relax a little with the planning since we still have half a semester left of school. Whew!




No comments: