Monday, October 27, 2008

patience

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him." Psalm 37:5-7

"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us." Psalm 62:5-8

I am constantly reminded that I am not in control. I so strongly desire to serve the Lord, but often find myself frustrated that things aren't happening as quickly as I would like them to. Of course they're not. As long as my will is not aligned with His it will never seem to happen according to my will, which is a good thing if that is the case. I need Him to show me the plans that He has for me. I need Him to come first, because he has everything figured out. I need to trust that he knows what he is doing and that things will happen...on His time. Patience......

1 comment:

Kathy said...

My favorite verse: Psalm 37:4

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

You're right, Bri, when it's the Lord first, everything else will fall in line. I love you! Mom